Full Ethical Trading Policy
1. Policy Statement
Worldwide Admin Solutions Limited recognises that our commercial activities have the potential to impact on all of our stakeholders. As a socially responsible business our suppliers, customers and our local community have a right to expect:
• All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by our company are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights.
• That our company acts in an ethical manner above and beyond the basic legal requirements.
• That we are committed to implementing the principles of the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code (although we are not members of the ETI).
2. Our commitment to our suppliers, service providers and customers
Worldwide Admin Solutions Limited recognises that our ethical and social performance and reputation is a part of our overall commercial success.
We are committed to ensuring that our employment practises and enforcement of corporate regulations ensure the protection of the rights of all those who work for us. In many areas we aim to operate above the minimum standards required by law to ensure our employees are safe, rewarded and valued.
We are committed to demonstrating our ethical and social responsibility credentials in order to enable both our customers and potential customers to make an informed choice regarding the services they procure.
We are committed to monitoring social standards in our supply chain, and we encourage our suppliers to operate to the same ethical standards that we ourselves employ.
3. Our Ethical Trading Code of Practice
3.1 This Code of Practice applies to:
• Staff directly employed by Worldwide Admin Solutions Limited on temporary or permanent contracts.
• Staff employed or provided by contractors or employment agencies to work on our premises or to undertake work for or on our behalf.
3.2 No forced, bonded or involuntary labour shall be used.
• All employment with Worldwide Admin Solutions Limited is freely chosen.
• Staff are free to leave our employee after reasonable notice of their intention to do so.
3.3 No child labour shall be used.
• There shall be no recruitment of child labour.
• Children or persons under the age of 16 years old will not be employed at any time.
4. Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
• Worldwide Admin Solutions Limited takes adequate measures to prevent accidents and to minimize potential hazards.
• Staff receive regular health and safety training.
• Staff have unrestricted access to toilet facilities and clean drinking water.
• Worldwide Admin Solutions Limited have a published Health and Safety policy.
5. Working hours and remuneration are reasonable and comparable to other companies in our business sector and regular employment is provided.
• Staff pay rates are above the national legal minimum standards.
• Staff are not forced to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
• Staff are provided with written terms and conditions of employment that details the employment relationship between and the respective obligations of the employee and employer, rates of pay, working hours, grievance and disciplinary procedures, holiday entitlement, absence and sick pay rules and notice periods for termination of employment.
• No deductions are made from wages / salaries as a disciplinary, and payslips are not used to avoid obligations under labour or social security laws.
6. No discrimination is practiced in respect of:
• Pay, hiring, compensation, access to training or opportunities for promotion.
• Termination of employment or retirement on the grounds of race, nationality, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
• Opportunities for personal and career development are equally available to all employees.
7. Anti-corruption and bribery
• This policy applies to all Worldwide Admin Solution Limited directors, managers and staff, agency workers, seconded workers, volunteers, interns, agents, contractors, external consultants, third party representatives and business partners.
• We have a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships.
• A bribe is defined as a financial or other inducement or reward for an action which is illegal, unethical, a breach of trust or improper in any way, and may take the form of money, gifts, loans, fees, hospitality, services, discounts, the award of a contract or any other benefit or advantage offered.
• Bribery includes offering, promising, giving, accepting or seeking a bribe.
• All forms of bribery are against our Ethical Trading policy and any reward or inducement offered or received must be reported to the directors so that the correct disciplinary action may be taken against the perpetrators and reported to the necessary authorities if appropriate.
• Gifts and hospitality are excluded from the above in so far as they are of a nominal value.
8. No harassment, threats, abuse or intimidation shall be practiced or tolerated. Physical, verbal and sexual threats, abuse, harassment or intimidation are expressly forbidden and are grounds for summary dismissal, if proved.
The directors of Worldwide Admin Solutions Limited have overall responsibility for all aspects of ethical trading within the business.
10. Looking forward we will continue to review and revise this policy as necessary and would welcome feedback from any of our stakeholders that may have suggestions on how this policy can be improved.
Comments are closed.